This post was SO hard to write, because there were so many amazing books this year that I got to read and loved, and as always I’m terrible at whittling them down to 25 (I started with a limit of 10 but that switfly increased as I remembered how many amazing books I’ve read!).
These are – of course – all 5 star reads for me.
So here are my top 25 books of 2018 – read, not necessarily all published in 2018 – in no particular order.
- Anatomy of a Scandal by Sarah Vaughan – my review here.
- The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor – my review here.
- Hydra by Matt Wesolowski – my review here.
- The Dry by Jane Harper – my review here.
- The Dark Lake by Sarah Bailey – my review here
- My Mother’s Secret by Sanjida Kay – my review here.
- Our House by Louise Candlish – my review here.
- Hangman by Daniel Cole – my review here.
- Entanglement by Katy Mahood – my review here.
- Deadly Secrets by Robert Bryndza – my review here.
- The Fear by C.L Taylor – my review here.
- Whistle in the Dark by Emma Healey – my review here.
- Oh My God, What a Complete Aisling – my review here.
- In Bloom – C.J. Skuse – my review here.
- Love Will Tear Us Apart by Holly Seddon – my review here.
- In The Dark by Cara Hunter – my review here.
- The Rules of Seeing by Joe Heap – my review here.
- The Fifth To Die by J.D. Barker – my review here.
- Lethal White by Robert Galbraith – my review here.
- The Cactus by Sarah Haywood – my review here.
- Seven Days of Us by Francesca Hornak – my review here.
- The Suspect by Fiona Barton – my review here.
- Need to Know by Karen Cleveland – my review here.
- The Sentence is Death by Anthony Horowitz – my review here.
- Transcription by Kate Atkinson – my review here.
Cora Carmack – Losing it
Kasie West – P.S. I like you
Angela marson – Blood Lines
Suzy K Quinn – Bad mothers diary
CL Taylor – The fear
Beth Garrod – Super awkward
Kl Slater Blink
Kelly rimmer – Before I let you go
Karen McManus – One of us is lying
Beth Garrod – Truly madly awkward
What a fab list! Some authors there I haven’t read before so I’ll be adding to my TBR! Thanks for sharing x
Great choices, two of them are in my top 15 and I still have to read The Chalk Man, The Cactus, The Mother’s Secret and Need to Know ???? and of course then there’s all the others I feel like adding to the pile now too ????
Ooh I’d definitely recommend those – and apologies in advance if this has made your TBR list even longer ????
I really enjoyed the Chalk Man, Dry and Hangman too!
I spotted some books here i defo need to check out for the future 😀
Aren’t they great reads?!
Ooh I’m glad, hope you enjoy when you read them! ????
Omg a lot of Thrillers right there. Gonna add all those in my TBR ✨
I am a thriller fiend I have to admit so this list is very thriller-heavy! Hopefully you’ll enjoy them when/ if you read any of them though! ????
It is SO HARD to narrow these lists down!
Isn’t it just! I had to keep extending the number from ‘top 10’ to ‘top 15’… etc until I managed to narrow it down to 25! ????
Hangman and Fith to die <3 Also on my list!
They’re both brilliant! So worth a read ????