Thanks so much to https://supkid19.wordpress.com for nominating me for this! 😀 Cheers!
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers (apologies if I nominate anyone with over 200 followers [which I’m pretty sure I have], I’m just nominating people whose blogs I like regardless of how many followers I think they have!)
- Thank and link to the nominated blog
- Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- Nominate 10 blogs and tell them they have been nominated
- Write a post containing these questions
- Include these rules in the post
The questions I was given by https://supkid19.wordpress.com were:
1. Who is your favorite author? Why? I’ll be one of those annoying people who can’t answer with just one author, sorry! It would be a (large) toss up between Peter James, Kate Atkinson, Sophie Hannah, Susan Hill and David Nicholls…oh, and Marian Keyes! How people can pick just one author I’ll never know…! They are all my favourites because they each offer a different form of escapism and are authors I read purely for pleasure 🙂
2. What is your favorite series? Why? For a series I’ve read the most, it would have to be the Harry Potter series. However I haven’t read any of those in a while so I would have to say the Roy Grace series by Peter James or Marian Keyes’ series about the Walsh family- both are so different but brilliantly written. There are loads others that I love but those are probably my most enjoyed that I can think of right now.
3. What is your favorite reading spot? Usually in a comfy armchair in my front room- unfortunately it’s currently absent at the moment as it’s being reupholstered so currently just on the sofa.
4. What authors have you met, if any? I met Peter James at a book event when I used to work at Jarrolds, which I was so excited about, and also Audrey Niffenegger and Peter Robinson- all really nice, interesting people! My favourite author-meet was at UEA’s Literary Festival, where I went to an event with David Nicholls and he signed my copies of Us and One Day. He was so lovely!
5. How many books do you have? (If it’s too many, you can guess). I tend to give most of the books I’ve read away to charity shops or friends, and instead of buying a lot I borrow them from libraries or my mum, so I’m sure I don’t have a huge amount compared to some people… I probably have about 60 books on my bookshelf at the moment. That’s mainly a load of ‘To-Read’ books which I need to get onto!
6. Why did you start blogging? About a year ago- I figured I read so much anyway, why not share my views with other people! I’m so glad I did 🙂
7. What movie/TV adaptation is better than the book/series? I don’t think it’s necessarily better but Gone Girl, in my opinion, adapted Gillian Flynn’s novel really well, much better than I expected. Also We Need To Talk About Kevin was a really impressive film adaptation, and I didn’t expect it to be as good as it was. I also enjoyed the TV adaptation of Case Studies by Kate Atkinson, but it certainly didn’t beat the books!
8. What do you like to do in your free time (other than read)? I love going to the cinema, running, going out for dinner, crafting and DIY around the house
9. What book release are you most excited for this year? There are loads! I’m going to do a whole post on my excited-for-new-releases-this-year, but off the top of my head the new Robert Galbraith novel, Career of Evil, looks like it’s going to be great!
10. Why should people follow your blog? (Take this opportunity! Take it!) I think I post honest, regular reviews of books from a range of genres, both new releases and ones that have already been out a while. I’ve seen a lot of book blogs that just seem to focus on YA, which is great, but I mainly read adult fiction so I felt there was room for another book blog! I also post about new releases and other book-related stuff!
The new set of questions are…
- What is the last book you read, and would you give it a thumbs up or thumbs down?
- Do you prefer e-book readers or physical print books, and why?
- If you had to choose only 3 books to read for the rest of your life, which would they be?
- Book you’ve always meant to/ wanted to read but never quite get around to?
- Favourite genre?
- Favourite ever series?
- Book you’re most excited about this year?
- Worse book you’ve ever read?
- 3 favourite authors?
- More than one book on the go at any time, or only one?
Don’t forget to tag/ link back to me in your post if you do this, so I can see your answers too! 🙂